Gluten Free Apple Frangipane Tart
- Preparation: 20min
- Cooking Time: 30-45min
- Serves: 8-10
– 165g Caster Sugar
– 180g Almond Meal
– 75g Hazelnut Meal
– 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
– 5-6 Apples (Pink Lady) sliced
– 1 tablespoon grated Lemon rind
– 1 tablespoon grated Orange rind
– 80g Unsalted Butter (room temperature)
– 1/4 cup (60ml) Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Leccino or Frantoio)
– 3 tablespoon Greek Yogurt
– 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
– 3 x 60g Eggs
– Juice of 1 Lemon.
1/4 cup Honey (for glazing)
Step 1. Preheat oven (fan forced) 160°C . Grease 28cm fluted tart tin.
Step 3. In a cake mixer, cream the butter and sugar. Slowly add in olive oil. Add the vanilla extract, orange and lemon rind. Mix until light and fluffy.
Step 4. Beat in the egg, one at a time.
Step 5. Add the almond and hazel meal and baking powder. Mix until combined. Fold in the yogurt.
Step 6. Spoon batter into the tart tin. Spreading it evenly.
Step 7. Decorate the top with sliced apples. Pressing the apples down.
Step 8. Bake the tart for 30-45 minutes until golden brown-top.
Step 9. While hot, drizzle honey over the tart. Serve warm or cold with a dollop of vanilla ice-cream. Enjoy.