EVOO Veggie Tart
- Preparation: 120min
- Cooking Time: 40min
- Serves: 8
1. Put the flour and sugar in a mixing bowl. Make a well, crack the egg in it. Pour in the EVOO and warm water. Bring the mixture together until it forms a rough ball of dough
2. Wrap the dough in cling wrap and rest in the fridge for 1 hour.
*if the dough is too soft to work, freeze it for a few minutes.
1. Blind bake the EVOO pastry in a tart pan.
2. In the meantime, use a mandolin to thinly slice the Carrots, Zucchini & Eggplant. Brush the Eggplant with lemon juice to prevent browning.
3. Microwave the carrots for 2 minutes and the Zucchini & Eggplant separately for 30 seconds. Pat dry veggies.
4. Make the filling by mixing the Pesto, Ricotta & Gruyere Cheese, Eggs and Breadcrumbs in a bowl.
5. Spread filling onto the cooked tart shell.
6. Lay the veggies starting from the center of the tart and spiralling outwards.
7. Bake in a 160 degree C oven for 40 minutes until the vegetables are tender and the filling set.
8. Serve warm or cold.