Lemon EVOO Bundt Cake
- Preparation: 30min
- Cooking Time: 60min
- Serves: 12-16
– 425g Plain Flour
– 5g (1 teaspoon) Salt
– 5g (1 teaspoon) Baking Powder
– ½ teaspoon Bicarbonate of Soda
– 200ml Frantoio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
– 400g Caster Sugar
– 3 large Eggs plus 1 large yolk
Flavoured Milk Mixture:
– 150ml Buttermilk, room temperature
– 3 tablespoons grated Lemon zest plus 3 tablespoons Juice (3 Lemons)
– 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
Step 1. Preheat oven to 150 degree C. Grease and Flour a 10-cup Bundt pan.
Step 2. Place the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. Use a whisk to blend the flour, baking powder, Bicarbonate of Soda and Salt together. Set aside
Step 3. In a stand mixer, beat the Sugar and Eggs until light and fluffy. Slowly add in the Extra Virgin Olive Oil until it is incorporated.
Step 4. Add Flour mixture in 3 additions, alternating with Lemon milk mixture. Scrapping down the bowl to ensure a thoroughly mixed batter.
Step 5. Pour batter into prepared Bundt pan. Level the batter. Tap the pan gently to expel any trapped air. Bake 40-50 minutes or when tested with a skewer, it comes out clean. Cool the cake for 5 minutes and un-mould onto a wire rack. Optional: Serve drizzle with Lemon glaze.
Optional Lemon Glaze Recipe
– 2 cups (250g) Icing Sugar
– 2–3 tablespoons Lemon Juice
– 1 tablespoon Buttermilk